Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day One II

Topic: American Idiot

Subtopics: 
~Jesus of Suburbia vs. Saint Jimmy
~Who does the Jesus represent? Who is he in real life?
~What specifically sparked the political direction of the record?
~What defines American Idiot as a "rock opera?"
~Acoustic vs. Electric guitar vs. meaning of the song
~Wake Me Up When September Ends
~Greater message? Is it life? love? politics? people?

This project is for my psychology class. When I'm done, it will consist of around 12 different multi-media components all about American Idiot. For four weeks, I'll be tearing this record apart. How could one person spend four weeks on just one CD? Well, I spent about three years on it so far. Green Day is my passion. American Idiot carried me through eight grade and started my obsession with music. They taught me how even the words of a total stranger could carry you through some hard times in a person's life. They taught me that music isn't always about being catchy or "number one." Its about passion. Music is passion, passion is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment