Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day Eight

I Want to be an American Idiot

My heart skips a beat every time I hear the angry proclamation of his pick against guitar strings. My pulse pounds to the rhythm of the chaos battering from his drums. My brain tries to match fingers to frets as the hum of his bass strings echo both rhythm and sound. Jesus makes me cry. (Tales from another broken home), Jimmy makes me crazy (With an angel’s face and a taste for suicidal), Whatsername makes me jealous (She’s the salt of the earth and she’s dangerous), and I love it. I live it. American Idiot.
I don’t even know how it happened. The radio drew me in. The band got me hooked. The CD made me an addict. I’m addicted to a story anyone can live, but no one wants to admit to living. I’m in love with a boy who every one has been, but no one can be. I’m mourning a loss I didn’t lose, but I feel. American Idiot.
This project will venture the depths of both lyrical genius and musical compilation. It will explore the relationship between the Jesus of Suburbia (track 2) and Saint Jimmy (track 6). It will defy the assumptions of what this record is supposed to be about, and discover the true inspiration and intention of each lyric. This project will analyze the progressions of acoustic and electric guitar, surges of emotion, and character relationships. It will reveal both personal and political influences and relate them to everyday life. This project will decipher the hardest time in a person’s life. Leaving home.

“To live and not to breathe
Is to die In tragedy
To run, to run away
To find what you believe…”
(Finished Statement of Purpose)


No comments:

Post a Comment