Monday, June 1, 2009

Day Eleven II

I was just doing some research on the Jesus of Suburbia and read that the song is often compared to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. WHAT? I personally don't see the connection. The only reason I could think of that would forge a connection between the two would be the lengths of the songs. Nothing about them musically mirror eachother, there's nothing context wise that could overlap. I don't understand...

The Jesus of Suburbia is a song about the deterioration of faith in "Jingletown." (And there's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be. In a land of make believe that don't believe in me)Jesus, who's real name is disclosed as Jimmy in the beginning of the music video, just wants out. He wants to escape from where society told him he should be. (And I leave behind this hurricane of fucking lies. And I walked this line, a million and one fucking times. But not this time.) He escapes to "The City," Where he abandons his title as "the Jesus of Suburbia," and stays "Jimmy."

How does that relate to Bohemian Rhapsody? Because I have yet to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment